divendres, 17 de juny del 2011

Warming up and firsts shoots!

Before entering the Ford LPG
Wow! I really don't have words to explain what I have just experienced today!! I would say so far it is my second more exciting experience ever (after swimming with whale sharks!).
I got picked up after breakfast this morning from the hotel and they drove me to Lommel Proving Ground also known as the Ford LPG, constructed by Ford Europe to test cars.


With Bea, making me feel like a pop-star ;)
There I met the rest of the team that will be helping us here in Belgium. I also met Bea, a really sweet girl who is really good at make-up things. Actually that was one of the things in my secret "things I want to do once in my life" list ;) Experience how my face would look like after a professional make-up worked on my face!! I felt like a pop-star or an actress!
And then it was time for some action. I met Jon (sorry If I spell your name wrong!) who teached me how to drive in a testing track. It is a banked oval track so it is a really exciting experience! I didn't know that if you drive a car in a certain speed, due to the inclination of the track, you can let the steering wheel go and the car will keep running with no problem, completely balanced!!! just amazing!! And I did that!!!! That was just a training thing so I was more confident driving in the track.

Lunch time with the crew

And then we did a few laps with the rest of the crew, 14 black cars plus my lovely white S-Max. Just super cool, it really felt as I was driving with a lot of speed with all those cars around me.
I could keep talking for ever about today, but I gotta go to bed as tomorrow will be a quite hard working day I guess, so stay tuned for more pictures!!
just funny

Wow! Realmente no tengo palabras para explicar lo que he vivido hoy ! Yo diría que hasta ahora es mi segunda experiencia más emocionante que recuerdo (después de nadar con los tiburones ballena!).
Me recogieron después del desayuno en  el hotel y me llevaron a Lommel Proving Ground también conocido como el GLP Ford, construido por FordEuropa para probar los coches.

Allí me encontré con el resto del equipo que nos va a ayudar aquí en Bélgica.También conocí a Bea, una chica muy dulce, que es realmente buena en temas de maquillaje. En realidad esa fue una de las cosas de mi lista secreta  "cosas que quiero hacer una vez en mi vida" lista;) Que un maquillador profesional me maquille! Me sentí como una estrella del pop o una actriz!

In the meeting room

Y entonces llegó el momento de un poco de acción. Conocí a Jon que me enseñó a conducir en una pista de pruebas. Se trata de una pista ovalada con inclinación. Una experiencia realmente emocionante! Yo no sabía que si conduces un automóvil a una cierta velocidad, debido a la inclinación de la pista, puedes dejar  el volante y el cocheva a seguir funcionando sin ningún problema, completamente equilibrado!simplemente increíble! Y lo hice!! Eso fue sólo como entreno, para conger confianza.
Y luego hicimos un par de vueltas con el resto de la tripulación, 14 coches de color negro además de mi precioso coche blanco S-Max. Increíble; sentía como que estaba conduciendo con mucha velocidad con todos los coches a mi alrededor.
Podría seguir hablando, pero me tengo que ir a la cama que mañana será un día muy duro de trabajo, así que estad atentos para más fotos!