dilluns, 13 de juny del 2011

3rd in the first stop of the Spanish Championship

Just got back from Denia from the 1st stop of the Spanish Championship. The lack of wind was the "but" of the competition. The Real Club Nautico Denia organized the event and they really did well. Maybe the location was not the best for a kiteboarding competition as the wind did not get in the beach but they helped with everything they could in a very professional way (8 boats were on the water helping the riders). 

Skippers meeting
Only one race was done, absolutely not enough for a proper competition, and only 1 lap long, so if you have any difficulty you have no chance to resolve it. That is what happen to me when one rider (male) did an incorrect maneuver  in one buoy and I had to do a radical move not to crash, what made me lose a lot of time and lose positions. I did manage to get into 3rd place tho. And there was no wind on Sunday, at least during the 2 hours that we were on the beach, as they incomprehensibly cancelled the event at 13:45 when usually we should wait until 3-4pm o'clock at least. So I had no chance to improve the result.

a few of the riders
I'll miss the next stop in Isla Cristina as I'm leaving this Wednesday to film the Advert for Ford. I'm really looking forward to this trip. I'll keep you posted.
I'd like to thank all my sponsors that support me through all the competitions: Liquid Force, Oakley, Teva, SkullCandy, Buff, Brunotti, Charko, Yourmood and also to Qwellness which is helping me to train when I am out of the water.

This is what I call a "full van"
Acabo de volver de Dénia de la primera prueba del campeonato de España. La falta de viento fue el punto negativo de la competición. Sólo se pudo realizar una regata cuando lo normal es un mínimo de 4 o 5 por día; además de una sóla vuelta, lo que hace imposible que se pueda rectificar en caso de algún problema durante la regata. Eso es lo que me sucedió a mi, cuando en una boya un competidor de la categoria masculina se me tiró encima en una maniobra incorrecta y provocó que tuviera que realizar una maniobra brusca para evitar la colisión, hecho que provocó que perdiera mucho tiempo y en consecuencia posiciones también. Supongo que un 3er puesto tampoco está tan mal. El domingo tampoco hubo viento durante las 2 horas que estuvimos en la playa, pero incomprensiblemente a las 13:45 cancelaron el evento, cuando es una hora todavía temprana. Así que no tuve ocasión de mejorar el resultado.



Lunch time
El Real Club Náutico de Dénia fue el organizador de la competición y la verdad es que estuvo todo muy bien organizado, incluso pusieron a nuestra disposición 8 embarcaciones. Solamente cambiaría la playa donde organizaron el evento ya que el viento no entra bien ahí.
Me perderé la 2a etapa ya que el miércoles me marcho a rodar el anuncio para Ford, tengo muchas ganas de vivir esta experiencia. Ya os iré contando!

waiting for the wind


Me gustaría agradecer a todos mis sponsors que me dan soporte en las competiciones: Liquid Force, Oakley, Teva, SkullCandy, Buff, Brunotti, Charko, Yourmood y también a mi gimnasio Qwellnes que me estan ayudando a prepararme físicamente cuando estoy fuera del agua.

Chilling at night