divendres, 10 de juny del 2011

1st Stop of the Spanish Championship: Denia

Today I left on a road trip to Denia for the first stop of the Spanish Championship, Course Racing.
Around 500km south from Barcelona, 4’5hours driving (the speed limit is 110km/h in Spain now); quite easy going if you’re two drivers. I came down here with David Romeu (Corekites rider). So we left rainy Barcelona to be in super warm Denia (28ºC).

De copiloto ;)

First thing we did when we got in here was to check the spot where the contest will be held,  Marineta Casiana. My first impression was not very good to be fair… I read the beach was 400m long for 30m wide, but instead of that I found out that there is no more than 20m wide, so I’m not sure how are we gonna manage to set up all our kites tomorrow; doesn’t look like as the safest beach to do a kite competition. But maybe I checked the wrong spot, so I’ll wait until tomorrow.

4.4 knots

The forecast says light wind on Saturday and Lebeche on Sunday. I guess the organisation will try do to as many races as possible tomorrow, as the direction of Lebeche here in Denia is really bad; will need boats to take us in and out of the ocean as there will be no wind close to the shore.
I am not very optimist for this competition as I didn’t manage to get my new board on time, and that sucks quite a lot as I’ll have to use my old board which is half broken and totally out of date compared to the new ones… Anyway, I’ll do my best ;)
Stay tuned if you wanna now before anybody how the competition goes tomorrow!




Esta mañana salí de ruta hacia Denia para la primera prueba del Campeonato de España en modalidad Regata.
Aproximadamente unos 500km al sur de Barcelona, 4’5 horas conduciendo (ahora el límite de velocidad en España es de 110km/h); bastante ameno de hacer si vas dos. He bajado con David Romeu (corredor de Corekites). Así que hemos dejado la lluviosa Barcelona para llegar a la super calurosa Denia (28ºC).
Lo primero que hemos hecho al llegar  aquí ha sido ir a ver el espot donde se hará la competición, Marineta Casiana. Y para ser sincera, mi primera impresión no ha sido muy Buena…Había leído que la playa tenía 400m de largo por unos 30 de ancho, y nos hemos encontrado que en realidad no hay más de  de anchura, así que no sé cómo lo haremos mañana para montar todos los kites en la playa y levanter cometas…no parece el lugar más seguro para organizar una competición de kitesurf. De todas formas no estamos seguros que la playa que hemos visto sea la correcta, así que esperaremos hasta mañana.
La prevision dice viento flojo para mañana (garbí) y lebeche fuerte para el domingo. El problema es que en esta playa, con lebeche se necesitan botes para sacar a los riders al agua ya que el viento no entra hast la arena, se queda dentro.

My home views for the next 3 days ;)

Tampoco he llegado muy optimista a la competición ya que la nueva tabla que esperaba no me ha llegado a tiempo…así que tendré que competir con mi vieja tabla, medio rota y completamente obsolete en comparación con las nuevas que han salido al mercado… De todas formas iré a por todas e intenaré hacerlo lo major possible ;)
Si quereis seguir informados de todo lo que pasa en esta primera prueba del Campeonato de España aquí en Denia seguid atentos a mi blog!!