dimecres, 8 de juny del 2011

The final test!

So as I was saying there were only 3 girls left!! So it was at that moment that I started to feel the "pressure" ;). I knew that If I got that job I'd probably be able to keep competing in the world tour. Up to that point I was quite relax as I never though I could really be "the one".  Only my closest family knew about all the casting things, and they supported me since the very beginning, actually my stylist and sister-in-low (Marta Pontnou) told me that she was sure I would be the one. Everybody seemed to believe in me more than myself; the thing is that on the last year I had plenty of disappointments with possible sponsors, and I didn't want to have one more, that's why I tried to have the head cold, the feet on the floor and be very cautious.
So last Tuesday I had to go back to the studios because they needed to record the same thing I did on skype the day before. Unfortunately I didn't feel as spontaneous as the day before, and then I felt my English was not as fluent as should be neither...so I went out from there quite discouraged.
But next day...bam!!! I was still on the boat and they wanted to see one more thing: my abilities driving!!

So here you have the video I did with my GoPro.

So now you know the whole story about how I got chosen to be a "chica Ford" ;)



The final test: me driving!!

Bueno, como os iba diciendo quedábamos ya sólo 3 chicas.  Fue en ese momento que empecé a notar la presión de si me cogían o no. Sabía que conseguir el trabaja sería mi única posibilidad de seguir compitiendo en el tour mundial, por razones económicas. Hasta ese momento no me había puesto nerviosa porqué en ningún momento pensé que yo podía ser la elegida. Sólo mi familia más cercana conocían acerca del casting, y creo que ellos creían más en mis posibilidades que yo misma. Marta Pontnou, mi estilista y cuñada, desde un buen principio ya me dijo que seguro que me cogían, evidentemente yo no lo tenía tan claro. Este año he tenido bastantes desilusiones con tema de sponsors que parecía que las negociaciones iban por buen camino y a última hora se retiraban, así que en todo momento he intentado tener la cabeza fría, los pies en el suelo y ser muy cautelosa.
Así que el martes pasado tuve  que volver al estudio de Barcelona a gravar lo mismo que por skype, pero claro, ya no fue tan espontáneo como cuando hablé con el director del anuncio el día anterior, además me tropecé un poco con el inglés y salí de ahí un poco desanimada...
Pero al día siguiente...Sorpresa!!!! todavía seguía adelante y querían una última cosa. Ver mis habilidades conduciendo!!

Arriba os dejo el link del mini video que grabé con mi GoPro conduciendo.

Así que ahora ya conocéis toda la historia de cómo fue el proceso de selección!