dijous, 17 de febrer del 2011

Shark warning!!

Today has been the first day since we are in Maui that there has been a shark warning. I was in Naish beach waiting for the wind to pick up when the speaker announced that a shark had just been seen in the water and that everybody was requested to get out of the water and remain in the sand. The two LF remaining members of the crew here in Maui, Julien and Henning, got there in that moment. Two SUP's were asked by a jetski to leave the water immediately. I have always wondered how do they warn people about a shark, now I know. They call the warning from the speakers and also warn one by one the people in the water with a jetski.


It took around 3 hours to get over the warning. The wind was still pretty light, around 10 knots, but even I knew it wouldn't be enough with my Havoc 10m I gave it a try so I could try my GoPro in the surf board.



Yesterday was and extraordinary good kiting day. The best day of wind and clean waves since we're here, but I was so anxious to get into the water that I didn't set up the GoPro. I hope there are gonna be more windy days so I can have more images for the video I am working on from this trip.

Check at the shadow ;) Mirad mi sombra, mola, eh?!


Hoy por primera vez desde que estamos en Maui hemos tenido un aviso de tiburón! Estabamos en la playa esperando que subiera el viento y por los altavoces han dado aviso de tiburón y han pedido que toda la gente saliera del agua. Después con una moto de agua han ido a avisar a 2 paddle surf que supongo no habían oído el aviso. Al cabo de poco han llegado a la playa Julien y Henning, los otros dos miembros de LF que todavía siguen aquí en Maui.


La prohibición ha durado unas tres hora. El viento había subido un poquito pero había apenas 10 nudos. Igualmente he decidido darme un paseo para probar la GoPro en la tabla de olas.
Ayer fue un día espectacular, el mejor en cuanto a viento y olas desde que estamos en Hawaii, pero tenía tantas ansias de entrar en el agua que no monté la GoPro. Espero que pronto haya más días de viento como el de ayer para poder gravar más imágenes para el nuevo video en el que estoy trabajando!