dijous, 24 de febrer del 2011

A Secret Spot in Maui

Today windguru said there was gonna be no wind at all, and actually there was no wind at all in Kite Beach. That's why we decided to try the secret spot we discovered a few days ago. Sometimes it is windy in the outside but it does not get into kite beach. And bang! It gets straight into the secret spot. I don't even know if the spot has a name. I just now where it is and that I have never seen a single kite or surf there. In fact, that scars me a little bit. I can't take out of my head that if there is no one kiting in the place must be for a reason. 


Today I panicked a little bit, actually for no reason, but I did. I went out on my 10m Havoc, manage to go through the reef without breaking the fins, and then the wind seemed to drop a little bit. The waves started to look bigger to me and the wind lighter, and my mind couldn't stop thinking about me being that far and dropping the kite with my friends sharkis around me. I manage to turn around and get closer to the shore before my kite actually dropped into the water. Safe but scared. Never loose the respect to the ocean.
Five minutes later the wind picked up again enough for a 7-8 meter kite. I decided not to get out again. I think It was a wise decision.


Tomorrow I'm planning to go sightseeing and visit Hanna and the 7 sacred pools, on the other side of the island, people say  it is an amazing place. Full report tomorrow!
Good night!

Hoy Windguru predijo que no habría nada de viento aquí en Maui, y efectivamente no ha habido nada de viento en Kitebeach, es por eso que hemos decidido probar un spot secreto que descubrimos hace unos días, dónde el viento entra muchas veces que en kitebeach no lo hace. No se cómo se llama el sitio, nosotros lo llamamos Secret spot. Nunca hemos visto ningún kiter ni surfer por ahí, hecho que me asusta un poco porque yo siempre digo que si no hay nadie por algo será...
Total que he entrado con mi Havoc 10m y al principio bien, pero poco después de pasar el reef me he empezado a asustar un poco porque el viento parecía aflojar y las olas crecer!! y yo ya me veía en medio del oceano rodeada de mis amiguitos los tiburones. Por suerte conseguí volver y la cometa se me cayó al agua pero cuando ya estaba bastante cerca de la orilla; llegué un poco asustada (también por todas las piedras que hay) pero sana y salva!
Al cabo de menos de 5 minutes el viento volvió a enchufarse esta vez para la 7 u 8 metros, pero yo decidí que mejor no volvía a tentar mi suerte. Decisión acertada ya que duró poquito.
Mañana hemos decidido ir a hacer un poco de turismo por la isla; iremos a Hanna y las "7 Sacred pools" que se encuentran al otro lado de la isla. Todo el mundo dice que es una pasada.
Mañana os cuento!!
Buenas noches.