dimarts, 22 de març del 2011

Lovin' Mexico!!

It's just my first day in Mexico and I can say it was love at first sight! Might be the turquoise water, might be the white sand and palm trees on its beaches, might be the friendly mexican people, or the nice wind blowing day and night, or the warm weather ¿?... I think I know what is it...It's to have all those things at the same time! And to all that, add staying in one of the best resorts I've ever seen, it really makes me feel like being a princess, princess for one week!!
Views from Tulum

Today was my "day off" as the PKRA competition doesn't start until tomorrow. Actually Wednesday is the warming up for racers and Thursday is the real kick off.
Tulum

So today I visited Tulum. I really enjoyed the place and specially the views. The ruins are not as impressive as the ones in Angkor (Cambodia) where Tomb Rider movie was filmed, but the views, the spot where they are placed scors double points!
Eating at Pousada Margerita

After that I went to have lunch in Pousada Margerita were you can eat excellent home made pasta. In the afternoon I just went to Ziggy Beach to say hello to Julien Kepski, LF crew that is spending a few months here in Mexico.

In the evening I drove to Playa del Carmen with the super nice 4x4  (Grand Palladium courtesy), for the PKRA registration.
The cutest thing ever!!

Now I am back to the resort, quite tired due to the eternal jet-lack...it seems as jet-lack it is part of my life now. I just recovered from Hawaii and again, bam! but I don't complain at all, it is worth it 100%.
Thanks Francesc and all the team for taking care of me!!
Hot tube with views to the sea. What else!!

Apenas llevo un día en Méjico y ya puedo decir que ha sido amor a primera vista! Quizás sea el agua turquesa, quizás la arena blanca y las palmeras de sus playas, quizás sea la amabilidad de su gente, o el viento que sopla día y noche¿? creo que ya lo sé...es el hecho de tener todas esas cosas al mismo tiempo! Pues ahora añádele estar alojada en uno de los mejores resorts que he visto nunca, realmente me hacen sentir como una princesa, princesa por una semana!!
My "little" suit

Hoy ha sido mi día libre ya que la competición de la PKRA no empieza hasta mañana. De hecho mañana será calentamiento para los racers y la competición no empezará hasta el jueves.
Así que hoy aproveché para visitar Tulum. Me ha gustado mucho el sitio y sobretodo las vistas. Las ruinas en sí no son tan impresionantes como las de Angkor en Cambodia, pero las vistas que hay aquí valen por dos!
walking around

Después fui a comer a un restaurante que me habían recomendado, Pousada Margarita, donde puedes comer pasta casera y buenísima!
Por la tarde pasé por la playa a saludar un compañero también de LF, Julien Kepski, que lleva unos meses aquí en Méjico.
with Francesc, my angel here in Mexico!

A última hora me acerqué con el super coche que me han dejado (cortesía de Grand Palladium) a Playa del Carmen para hacer la inscripción al evento del mundial.
Ahora estoy de vuelta al resort, bastante cansada por culpa del eterno jet-lack. Parece que empieza a formar parte de mi vida...apenas me acabo de recuperar de Hawaii que ya vuelvo a estar igual. En fin, no me quejo porque vale la pena a cambio de todas las experiencias maravillosas que estoy viviendo!!
Gracias Francesc y todo el equipo por cuidarme así de bien!!