dimarts, 6 de setembre del 2011

Copa de España Long Distance



Just came back from La Manga del Mar Menor, Murcia, where this last week end the Long Distance Spanish Championship was held.
A total of two races where done, although the one on the first day was cancelled due to a massive storm that enable to many riders to get to the finish line.

Starting line

On Sunday the wind was good for 11m for girls 13m most guys and one more race was done. From the GPS reference from a few riders we estimate  that we rode aproximately 120 kms in total. I feel still pretty tired so I guess I'll have a couple of days off to recover. 
I'm very happy with the result as I won in girls but also 'cos I finished in front of a few guys I never won before. Here you have the final results:

Podium Masculino absoluto


Men
1- Adam Koch
2- John Heineken
3- Pedro Garijo
4- Sergio Perera
5- Alejandro Climent




Woman
1- Núria Gomà
2- Leticia Quesada
3- Elena Antón




El lunes por la madrugada llegué de La Manga del Mar Menor, en Murcia, donde este fin de semana se celebró la Copa de España de Larga Distancia.
En total se hicieron 2 races, uno sábado y otro domingo, aunque el primero fue anulado ya que hubo una gran tormenta y muchos de los participantes no pudieron terminar. Algunos de los corredores llevaban GPS y así podemos estimar que el recorrido aproximado de las dos regatas han sido unos 120 km. Todavía me siento bastante cansada por lo que me irá bien descansar un par de días.
Estoy muy contenta con el resultado ya que logré un primer puesto en mi primera vez en la participación de una competición de estas características.
Un poco más arriba tenéis las clasificaciones.

After the storm