dilluns, 4 de juliol del 2011

Worlds Racing Sylt 2011

I'm just back home after 7 days in the island of Sylt in Westerland, Germany, where the 2011 Racing World Championship and the Freestyle European Tour  (KTE) were held. It has been the most challenging competition I have taken part in for the harsh conditions.


A  total of 12 races were completed, four races in the first day with offshore wind and onshore wind the other days, with more than 25 knots and 2.8m waves. On the last 2 days, races were cancelled as there were 3m waves and the boats could not even go out of the port.

with LF Team mate  Manuela Jungo

Another big challenge for me was using a racing board I've never used before, as the one I was gonna use did not get to me on time. That's why I want to give special thanks to TERMIKO for lending me the board I used in the competition.

with half of the spanish team

I ended up 3rd in the ranking of Production boards and 9th in the Open one. I'm happy with the results and motivated to keep training. So tomorrow I'll go back to my gym Qwellness to start preparing the next contest.
Now it's time to enjoy a few days with my family!! 

 still sunny and warm ;)

Acabo de volver a casa después de 7 días en la isla de Sylt en Westerland, Alemania, donde se ha celebrado el Campeonato del Mundo de Kitesurf  de modalidad Regata y el Europeo de freestyle. Ha sido todo un reto competir con las condiciones tan duras que nos hemos encontrado.

freestylers in action

Hicimos un total de 12 regatas, 4 el primer día con viento de tierra y el resto con viento de mar pero con olas de más de 2.8 metros y rachas superiores a los 25 nudos. Los dos últimos días no hicimos regatas ya que las gigantes olas de más de 3m impidió que los botes pudieran salir siquiera del puerto.

Chilling with Melissa Gil

Otro gran reto fue llevar una tabla con la que no había entrenado puesto que la mía no me llegó a tiempo. Por eso quiero agradecer especialmente a TERMIKO por haberme prestado la que utilicé en la competición y que me permitió conseguir un 3r puesto en modalidad de tablas de serie y 9a en la general. He vuelto muy motivada para seguir entrenando, así que mañana vuelvo a retomar mis entrenos en el Qwellness y preparar la próxima competición.
Ahora a disfrutar unos días con la família!

Awards ceremony

2 comentaris:

Anònim ha dit...

You are a very lucky woman! such a nice life you live! Congratulations!

dj barcelona ha dit...

Gracias por el post. Muchas suerte en tus competiciones. Que gane mas que 1 catalana

[url=http://www.dj-barcelona.com]dj barcelona[/url]