dissabte, 18 de febrer del 2012

Hispano-Luso Championship


Today it was the first day of the Hispano-Luso Championship in Vilamoura, Portugal. It was the first time that an event of this type (Spain vs Portugal) was done.
The day didn't start very optimistic as we had some rain, but soon the clouds went away and the sun started to shine, so a light but more than acceptable wind came in. 


A total of 3 races were done today, although the first one was cancelled because one buoy deflated. The wind dropped a little bit so we all switched to our biggest kites. On the second race I ended up in 3rd place overall (men&women) and I'm pretty stoked about that!
On the third and last race the wind was extremely light and I dropped my kite on the second lap and I couldn't finished it.
Tomorrow skippers meeting at 11 am and the forecast looks pretty much the same as today even a little bit lighter but I'm excited about this 'cos I like challenges!


Hoy ha sido el primer dia del campeonato Hispano-Luso en Vilamoura, Portugal. Ha sido el primer evento de estas características  (España-Portugal).
El día no empezó muy bien ya que llovió un poco y estaba muy nublado, pero pronto se despejó, salió el sol y entró algo de viento más que aceptable.
Un total de 3 races se hicieron, pero el primero fue cancelado porque una boya se desinchó. El viento bajó y todos tuvimos que cambiar a cometas más grandes. En el tercer race terminé 3a en la clasificación absoluta y estoy muy contenta con ese resultado.




En el tercer race el viento era casi inexistente y se me cayó la cometa en la segunda vuelta y no pude terminar.
Mañana la reuninón de patrones es a las 11am y la previsión es que el viento sea como hoy o incluso un poco mas flojo, pero me gustan los retos, así que a ver que pasa!