dilluns, 4 d’abril del 2011

PKRA Dakhla: 4th in Waves!! Yahla, yahla!!


Second competition for me in this 2011 and super happy again with the results. We’ve been with very limited internet connection during all this days in Dakhla, so I’ll make a short report about how it went the competition.
All the riders on the way to the wave spot: Om Laboir

I got to Dakhla the same day I arrived from Mexico after a fast 4 hours home-visit and then a delayed flight from Barcelona to Casablanca (we had the whole next plane waiting for us, a few riders and organisers). 

During one of my heats


On the first two days I was super sick, coughing a lot and with pain in all my body due to the fever. I was like that for two days. I even missed my 1st hit on freestyle. Then in wave riding I wasn’t very lucky neither  as I crossed with Kari in the first heat.  She did specially awesome and she scored the highest points on one wave of the day (better than boys!!). I obviously lost on that heat ;p

Watching the Freestyle comp.

So I had to wait until the double elimitation to be able to go from last position to a finally 4th place. I had a heat against Almudena ( the current Spanish wave champion) and I defeted her even getting into the heat 2 minutes late because my kite drop when I was trying to get out through the rocks. A lot of stress but with a happy end. The wind was extremely light during all the day and the double elimination was not completed.

Spanish power: Ainhoa (3rd), Me (4th) and Angela (2nd)


Three Spanish girls in the four top ranking, not bad at all!!
1.Schibevaag 2.Peral 3.Garcia 4 Gomà
Another catalan, David Romeu (Core kites) finished in a nice 9th place on his first competition in the PKRA world tour.
So happy again with the result and ready for the next stop of the PKRA in Lanzarote Tomorrow!
Special thanks to Kite Around for their support in this event!!

Sunset


Segunda competición de este 2011 y otra vez super contenta con el resultado! Esta semana hemos apenas hemos tenido internet en Dakhla, por lo que os haré un rápido resumen de como fue la competición.
Me fui a Marruecos el mismo día que llegué a Barcelona proviniente de Barcelona, solo una visita relámpago de 4 horas en casa.

During my heat in freestyle


Durante los dos primeros días de competición estuve enferma y me perdí mi primer encuentro de freestyle. Luego en el apartado de olas tampoco estuve muy afortunada ya que al no tener ranking del año pasado, me cruzé en la primera manga con Kari, campeona del mundo 2010.  Kari tuvo una actuación estelar y recibió la puntuación más alta de todo el día (major que los chicos!). Así que me eliminó. Tuve que esperar hasta las dobles para remontar de la última posición hasta la 4a que logré al final. En la repesca me tocó enfrentarme a Almudena, actual campeona de España de olas, a la que gané incluso saliendo dos minutos tarde en mi heat. Tuve que salir por las rocas para poder llegar al pico debido a que el poco viento no me permitía ceñir hasta ahí, y se me desventó la cometa (de ahí mi salida tarde en el heat). Al final no se pudo completar la segunda vuelta però estoy muy contenta con mi 4o lugar.

Always traveling with my Charko towel ;)

Tres españolas en los cuatro primeros puestos, nada mal, no?
1.Schibevaag 2.Peral 3.Garcia 4 Goma
Otro catalán, David Romeu (Core Kites) acabó en una muy Buena 9a posición en su debut en el mundial de olas.

Así que estoy muy contenta con el resultado y apunto para ir a la siguiente competición de PKRA en Lanzarote mañana!!


Gracias a Kite Around por su soporte en esta competición!