dissabte, 26 de maig del 2012

What a mess!! Que desastre!!

3 bars tangled together...buff...not funny... 3 barras enganchadas

We finally had some wind here in Hyeres, L'Almenarre, after 3 days of absolutely no wind at all. But it hasn't been my best day at all, just check the picture with 3 bars tangled!!
Just to be very brief, I went out late on the first race, I was overpowered on the 15m Edge on the second, I got a massive tangle on the third in the starting line, and then I got two 4th places on the last two races, I did much better on my 11m.

Working on bars. Mine lasted only one race before being tangled!! :(

I had a lot of time to think and analyze the races while I was untangling the bars, and I want to take home what I've learnt today, like not using new gear you haven't tested before, have your kites pumped in the beach even if there is no wind at all and try to get a clear start overall!! it is better to loose a few meters in the starting line than being in the middle and be tangled!!!
Please, send us some more wind tomorrow!!!

Team France waiting for the wind/ El equip frances esperando el viento

Finalmente hemos tenido algo de viento en Hyeres, L'Almenarre, después de 3 días sin absolutamente nada de viento. Pero definitivamente no ha sido mi día hoy, sino mira la foto donde tengo 3 barras liadas!
Voy a ser muy breve contando el día de hoy: primer race salí tarde, segundo race passada con la 15m Edge, tercer race enganchada masiva en la salida, y luego conseguí dos 4os puestos en los dos últimos race, ya mejor con 11m.

No words needed.../ No hace falta palabras...


He tenido mucho tiempo para pensar y analizar las carreras de hoy mientras desliaba las lineas, y me quiero quedar con lo que he aprendí hoy, como no usar material que no has probado  por primera vez en competición, ten tus cometas preparadas con antelación aunque no haya nada de viento y sobretodo intenta tener una salida limpia, aunque pierdas unos metros o unos segundos, es mejor que estar en el medio y que te líen!
Por favor, mandonas algo de viento mañana!!

2 comentaris:

Florian Scharscher ha dit...

Keep your head up for the next one! X Flo.

Núria Gomà ha dit...

Thanks Flo, I will!!
xx