diumenge, 29 de gener del 2012

Baja California, Mexico update!

Getting ready for my heat in the Slalom Comp.

It's been almost three weeks since I got to Mexico. It's my first time here in Baja California and I was really impressed of how much wildness there is around this place! 
The landscape is impressive, thousands of huge cactus everywhere, Manta Rays, Orcas, Pelicans, Vultures,  and I have never seen so many stars in my entire life!! Just amazing!!


Helping team mate Colleen Carroll after the wind switch off in the Lord of the Wind event.
And about the wind, well, I did not know that this place was so windy!! We had wind almost every day, usually good enough for a 7 or 8m kite, although I had a few days where I had to use my 5m too!
Now I understand why this place is the winter spot number one for north americans and canadians! It is just great!!

Sunset in La Ventana

So a part of some sight seen, I also had time for a clinic I told you about in my last post; and at the beginning of being here we had two contests back to back, the Lord of the Wind which I ended up 4th in Slalom and La Ventana Classic. One thing of the many I learned of those contest is never compete using the gear for the first time, specially if it's very technical gear. It also showed me how high the women level is right now; for  sure we will hear this name a lot in 2012 Racing competitions: Erika Heineken.



So now I have 10 days left and I for sure want to train as much as I can before my next contest which will be in Portugal in mid February.
I'll keep you updated although it is not easy to get decent internet down here!

For sure not healthy... but so good!

Han pasado casi tres semanas desde que llegué a Méjico. Es mi primera vez en Baja California y lo que más me ha impactado es lo salvaje que es todo esto. El paisaje es impresionante, miles de cactus gigantes por todas partes, peces Manta, Orcas, Pelícanos, Buitres y nunca he visto tantas estrellas juntas en toda mi vida! Simplemente impresionante!


Lord of the Wind Awards Ceremony

Y sobre el viento, sin duda no sabia que había tanto viento! Hemos tenido viento prácticamente cada día, normalmente para la 7 u 8m, aunque en un par de ocasiones he tenido que utilizar también mi 5m! Ahora entiendo porque este es el destino por excelencia de los norte americanos y canadienses, es fantástico!


Después de asistir al combate de emascarados / After the wrestles fight

Así que ademas de visitar el lugar también he tenido tiempo para el clínic del que os hablé en mi ultimo post; y al principio de llegar aquí participé en dos competiciones, Lord of the Wind donde termine 4a en Slalom y La Ventana Classic. Una de las muchas cosas que he aprendido de estas competiciones es nunca compitas con material que no has utilizado antes, sobretodo si es tan técnico como lo son las tablas de race de hoy en día! También me sirvió para darme cuenta del gran nivel que habrá este año, sin duda alguna oiremos mucho este nombre: Erika Heineken.


With my new "toy". Lovin' it!


Ahora me quedan 10 días para entrenar lo mas que pueda antes del próximo evento en Portugal a medianos de Febrero.
Os mantendré informados aunque no es tarea facil encontrar internet decente por aquí.



1 comentari:

kitesurf ha dit...

Parece que baja california es un spot que tendre que visitar pronto.

Muchas Grcias por la ispiracion.