dilluns, 4 de març del 2013

From Ras Sudr to Cairo

With some of the gang!


I can't believe I've already been here for 3 weeks. We reached the end of the Racing Clinic, three weeks of hard work and new challenges for everybody. It is incredible the improvement of all the guys. It really feels good to work with motivated people and I'm sure all of them have a great venue as a kite racers!

It's funny listening to the guys (all freestylers) before and after they tried a race board. I recommend the experience to all kiters so they can understand why we love Kite Racing!

Now it is time for me to take a short break and go to Cairo to know a little bit more of the ancient culture of this amazing country before getting back to work.

Setting up the course


Ras Sudr, in Sinai, it is definitely an amazing place for kitesurfing. I can only remember a couple of days of no wind since I got here, and it is not even the "windy season" yet. By the way, Sinai belongs to Asia, not Africa. (I just learnt that when I got here!). You'll never go to sleep without learning something new!

I can't believe I didn't come before being as close to Europe as it is. I'm sure it is gonna be one of the top kitesurfing destination in a near future.

Now I'm sitting in the lobby of this nice hotel in Cairo waiting for my pick-up to start the tour to the Pyramids!! I'm really excited about this!! I couldn't be in here and not visit them, right?!

Thanks Kiteloop and Royal Dream Tours to take care of me and make me enjoy my stage here!

Views of the Nil River from my room


No me puedo creer que ya llevo tres semanas aquí. Hemos llegado al final del Clínic de Race, tres semanas de duro trabajo y nuevos retos para todos. Es increíble como han mejorado todos los chicos. Es una gozada trabajar con gente tan motivada y estoy segura que todos ellos tienen un gran porvenir como racers!

Es divertido escucharles hablar antes y después de probar una tabla de race (todos son freestylers). Recomiendo la experiencia a todos los kiters, así podrán entender porque nos gusta tanto el Kite Race!

Ahora llegó el momento para mi de tomar un pequeño descanso e conocer el Cairo y un poco más de la cultura ancestral de este maravilloso país antes de volver al trabajo.

Ras Sudr, en el Sinaí, es de todas todas un lugar increíble para practicar kitesurf. Solo recuerdo un par de días sin viento y ni siquiera ha empezado todavía la temporada buena de viento. Por cierto, Sinai pertenece a Asia, no a Africa (lo descubrí  al llegar aquí). Nunca te iras a la cama sin aprender algo nuevo, verdad?



No entiendo como no vine antes con lo cerca que está de Europa. Estoy segura que será uno de los destinos preferidos para hacer kite en un futuro no muy lejano.

Ahora estoy sentada en el lobby de este bonito hotel en el Cairo esperando que me vengan a buscar para empezar el tour por las Piramides! No podía estar tan cerca y no visitarlas, no?!